Do you have to have superpowers to be a superhero?
Superheroes are pretty much like a god to normal people. They can fly, jump higher, lift cars, and have supernatural powers. But what people don’t realize is that the powers don’t matter it’s the way you help people. Honestly if a person helps a cat off a tree they also can be considered a superhero. Everyone is hero when they help out.
Imagine if a school bus breaks down in the middle of nowhere and a person helps them out then that person can be considered a superhero. Little kids love superheroes such as Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, or The Flash but they also love people who help them and to them they’re a hero.
Batman has a power to get information from bad guys or villains in a harsh way. Superman uses supernatural powers like heat vision or x-ray vision. But a normal person uses their own mind to think of a way to help out in the most that they possibly can. We all have a super power and most of us don’t know it.
To be a superhero you have to be a hero and once you become a hero you can become super because the little things that you do are the most important things. Having the super power to melt steel is great but helping out everyone is the best power to ever have. We are all heroes in our own way.
Answer the questions:
1) In what way are superheroes like normal people?
2) What can an ordinary person do to be considered a superhero?
3) How do you understand the last sentence of the text?
e.g. I'm hungry. I didn't eat earlier.
I wish I had eaten earlier/I wish I had some food.
1) I'm bad at Maths. I want to be better.
2) You're late again.
3) We went to a boring museum.
4) I'd love to be a good dancer, but I can't do it.
5) You always leave your dirty plate on the table.
6) I'm lonely. I'd like to have more friends.
7) I don't want to smoke any more, but I can't quit.
e.g. I wish I were superhuman fast because I could get to work more quickly.