· in a small local shop
· in a supermarket, hypermarket or department store
· in another way
1) a supermarket and a market
2) A drugstore and a pharmacy
3) a shopping mall and a department store
4) a library and a bookstore
1) Who is the best at complaining in your family? Give examples.
2) Can you remember a time when you(or someone in your family) complained....?
· to a taxi driver
· to a waiter
· to a hotel receptionist
· to someone else
Why did you complain? What did you say? What happened?
· Have you seen this film before? Do you like it?
· Why did this girl come to this expensive shop?
· Why were the shop assistants so rude?
v May I help you?
v Are you looking for something in particular?
v Thank you
v I don't think this would fit you
v How much is this, Marie?
v Look, I got money to spend in here
v It's very expensive
v How much is this?
v I'm just checking things out
v No..well, yeah.. something conservative
v You got nice stuff
v Well, I didn't ask if it would fit. I asked how much it was.
v I don't think we have anything for you. You're obviously in the wrong place. Please, leave
· What is the difference between a shopping centre and a market?
· Do you ever go shopping in markets? Where?
· Is there a market where you live? What can you buy there? Can you bargain for thing?
1) Where exactly is the market?
2) What days and times is it open?
3) What food does it sell? Give some examples.
4) What other things does it sell?
5) What do you learn about the people who work there?
6) Describe the market. Find some adjectives.
7) What can you do after the market?
8) What do you learn about the town?